About Me

My photo
Sewing and cooking are two of my favorite things. In the past, I often found myself searching for pictures and details of projects I have done, without success. So I decided to start documenting my creations. Then my son suggested I add my recipes to the blog so that they are documented also.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Too Much Fabric!



So my son gave me this print awhile back and it is framed and placed right outside the entrance to my sewing room.  I find it amazing he was able to discover a print of a piece of his life.  Did he commission an artist to do this piece just to instill guilt into his mother?  Yes, it is true!  I took him to D.C., moved him into his freshmen dorm, traveled back to PA and quickly gutted his room.  By week's end I had a new sewing room complete with a huge set of drawers stuffed with my fabric stash.  So you ask, what would motivate a mother to do such a thing?  Could fabric really take precedence over a middle child?  Can I plead insanity?  Hmmm......it did motivate this son to stay away from home long enough to become a lawyer.  So my work was completed - it is called 'tough love'; one cannot make it too easy to come home again!

No comments:

Post a Comment