About Me

My photo
Sewing and cooking are two of my favorite things. In the past, I often found myself searching for pictures and details of projects I have done, without success. So I decided to start documenting my creations. Then my son suggested I add my recipes to the blog so that they are documented also.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Frustrating Night in the Sewing Room



Well tonight was unproductive and frustrating in the sewing room.  I wanted to embroider a kitchen towel but after 4 thread breaks and some nesting in the bobbin shuttle, I decided it was better to turn off the machine.  Tomorrow evening, if I am not tired, I will take it apart and give the Janome 300E a good cleaning. All of the new high tech machines are great when working and very problemsome when not. Maybe the simple treadle machine was best because there is so little to go wrong. I probably need to take an evening and clean all the machines and clean the sewing room too. Whenever I clean that room, I invariably end up redecorating the room.  I move the machines to new locations, move the ironing board and the cutting table. The TV is an old huge one so it never loses its spot in the room. I have too many machines but cannot part with any of them. That is a discussion for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment