About Me

My photo
Sewing and cooking are two of my favorite things. In the past, I often found myself searching for pictures and details of projects I have done, without success. So I decided to start documenting my creations. Then my son suggested I add my recipes to the blog so that they are documented also.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Fast and Easy Dinner - Potato and Kielbasa Saute


Ingredients



So last night after work I needed to just throw something together.  Usually I pre-plan the night before, but I had not. So one of my standbys is Potato and Kielbasa Saute. You need 5 scrubbed potatoes, sliced in 1/2 inch slices. If you slice them thinner, they cook faster, but honestly I like a hearty potato slice that is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. I throw these in a skillet in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and let fry on medium heat for 10 minutes while I chop the rest of the ingredients. Don't stir or flip as you want the first side to get crispy! Now I slice a medium onion, a few small green peppers (I keep green peppers frozen in small bags in the freezer so I always have them. When I have extra I just clean, remove seeds and throw in a freezer bag). I slice a ring of kielbassa in 1/2 inch slices also.  After the first ten minutes, I flip the potatoes, layer on the onions, peppers and kielbasa. I stir and flip ingredients every 5 minutes or so until potatoes and kielbasa are golden brown on the outside. Salt and pepper to taste.  Serve with a hot vegetable and dinner is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment