About Me

My photo
Sewing and cooking are two of my favorite things. In the past, I often found myself searching for pictures and details of projects I have done, without success. So I decided to start documenting my creations. Then my son suggested I add my recipes to the blog so that they are documented also.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Monogrammed Blanket


This is a blanket from Bed, Bath and Beyond that I embroidered for a teenage boy for his girl friend for Christmas.  I so wanted to put a heart or a fancy & symbol in place of the + sign but he did not want either. Although it was too mushy in his eyes, I am sure it would have melted the heart of the girlfriend! The pile was a little high so I was concerned about the stitches getting lost in it but it turned out well.  I used Number 23 alphabet from Embird and made them a little wider to be sure to show.  I used a heavy tear-away stabilizer on the back and a water soluble on the top.  

No comments:

Post a Comment