About Me

My photo
Sewing and cooking are two of my favorite things. In the past, I often found myself searching for pictures and details of projects I have done, without success. So I decided to start documenting my creations. Then my son suggested I add my recipes to the blog so that they are documented also.

Monday, December 5, 2011

Dinner tonight

Salsa Risotto
Chicken Enchiladas
Well I am trying a new recipe for dinner tonight; Chicken Enchiladas.  I did add an additional ingredient of a 15 ounce can of black beans added to the chicken mixture in each tortilla.  I actually put them in a crockpot so hopefully they turn out well. I cooked the chicken and onions when I got home and then assembled for the crockpot. It turned out well but next time I will prepare the chicken mixture the night before and then just have to make the sauce before assembling it. It really is a struggle some days to get dinner cooking after work so I try to plan the night before. I also made salsa risotto; just made risotto with chicken broth and substituted 1/2 cup medium salsa for 1/2 cup of the recommended broth. It was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment