About Me

My photo
Sewing and cooking are two of my favorite things. In the past, I often found myself searching for pictures and details of projects I have done, without success. So I decided to start documenting my creations. Then my son suggested I add my recipes to the blog so that they are documented also.

Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Weekender Bags

My current class that I am teaching is a weekender bag made from a pattern by FigTreeQuilts, My Paris Traveler's Bag and here is the link http://store.figtreeandcompany.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=754. This pattern can be confusing in places; thus a good pattern for a class. This is an ample bag measuring 23" X 15" X 9". It has a pocket on the front to fit your e-reader into.








We had good participation for this class, and as usual, each student's bag is unique. The fabric was quilted in the class; no prequilted designs for us. Quilting our own fabric gave us the freedom to select any design we wanted. Some used their stash and other bought fabric specifically for the project. Skill levels of the students vary from beginner to advanced and we all learn from one another. That is what I love best about classes.

So here are some of the finished bags and I will be adding others as they are completed. Note how the differing fabric gave each bag a different flavor.


 
Judy's Bag - Vera Bradley better watch out!
 
My Class sample
 
Carmen's Bag - Ready for her next trip!
 
Claudia's Bag - Pretty in Blue!
 
Theresa's bag - Love this fabric!



 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment