About Me

My photo
Sewing and cooking are two of my favorite things. In the past, I often found myself searching for pictures and details of projects I have done, without success. So I decided to start documenting my creations. Then my son suggested I add my recipes to the blog so that they are documented also.

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Some Creations From End of 2013

Well I was kind of busy at the end of the year and neglected to post most of what I did before the Holidays. So I will try to get caught up. Here is a pic of my daughter wrapped up in the quilt I made for her birthday in November.
 
 
 
I made this quilt with Moda fabric with The Yellow Brick Road pattern. I actually quilted it with the Pfaff P3 Longarm with a stipple pattern.  I wanted to try a longarm and it is very different to free motion with one. However I free motioned the border pattern on my Elna 740.
 


I also made my first art quilt in November 2013. I read an article about girl quilts in the fall AQS magazine and decided to make one for my daughter-in-law's birthday. we were hosting her 30th birthday party and I thought it would look cute hanging on the front door. My favorite part was the brown suede boots I made and she actually showed up wearing hers the day of the party! I had a great time making it and doing the appliques and will definitely make another.

 
Here's the birthday girl with her hubby.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment