About Me

My photo
Sewing and cooking are two of my favorite things. In the past, I often found myself searching for pictures and details of projects I have done, without success. So I decided to start documenting my creations. Then my son suggested I add my recipes to the blog so that they are documented also.

Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Crab Dip Placemat




Earlier this summer I attended the Three Rivers Art Festival and just had to buy this adorable crab dip dish and cracker plate. I had a bridal shower coming up and knew this would be a great gift. The pottery was made by Francine Zajac from Washington, PA. Francine's web site  shows many of her functional items including brie bakers and chip and dip plates.  I was quite taken with her pieces so my daughter-in-law and I couldn't leave without purchasing a few.

I always like to make a handmade item to go with my gifts so I found quilting fabric that went so well with these pieces.  I decided to do an applique of a crab in the center and quite luckily found this free crab applique on Designs by JuJu  http://www.designsbyjuju.com/free-applique-crab?___SID=U.

I absolutely love this set of pottery with the placemat and had a hard time giving it as a gift!

Here is the crab dip recipe that came with the pottery:

Hot Crab Dip

1 can crab meat                      1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
8 oz. cream cheese                 1 tsp. onion powder
2 Tblsp. mayonnaise                Parmesan Cheese
1 Tblsp. lemon juice

Combine crab, cream cheese and mayonnaise.  Add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and onion. Put in crab dish and top with Parmesan cheese.  Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.






No comments:

Post a Comment