About Me

My photo
Sewing and cooking are two of my favorite things. In the past, I often found myself searching for pictures and details of projects I have done, without success. So I decided to start documenting my creations. Then my son suggested I add my recipes to the blog so that they are documented also.

Monday, September 22, 2014

The Latest Endeavor







I decided that I needed a cute gift idea to use as a class.  I came up with a pot holder/ tea towel ensemble. The uniqueness of it is that both items are done on the embroidery machine.  To be able to teach a class on it, I needed to actually digitize the designs myself.  So I set about it and actually it did not take me as long as I had thought it would.  I have already used the idea for an engagement party gift where I added the couple's names to the potholders. It made a cute set.


So for my class, I decided to present the theme of holiday hostess gifts.  Since it is early fall, I made appliques of leaves and a christmas tree. So here is what the class attendees will learn - how to make a potholder in-the-hoop and how to do embroidery machine applique. I think it will be a hit!



No comments:

Post a Comment