About Me

My photo
Sewing and cooking are two of my favorite things. In the past, I often found myself searching for pictures and details of projects I have done, without success. So I decided to start documenting my creations. Then my son suggested I add my recipes to the blog so that they are documented also.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Crayon Holders Made In The Hoop






Last weekend I went to my son's for a cookout and knew some young children would be there.  I had gotten an embroidery design for a crayon holder from Cassandra's Embroidery Designs http://www.cassandrasembroidery.com/CrayonChalkRollupWithBonus.htm quite some time ago but had never used it.  It is intended to hold the crayons and roll up but the pocket on the back was perfect for a small coloring book so I put one in for each holder. The only thing I changed in the pattern was that it called for water soluble stabilizer and I found that tear-away actually worked better.  This is a perfect small gift for young children and can be made in less than 1/2 hour.

















No comments:

Post a Comment