About Me

My photo
Sewing and cooking are two of my favorite things. In the past, I often found myself searching for pictures and details of projects I have done, without success. So I decided to start documenting my creations. Then my son suggested I add my recipes to the blog so that they are documented also.

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Weeks 4 and 5 of the McCall's Quilt Along - And So it Continues

Well I am into week 5 of this online quilt.  I am learning many new blocks; more than I had anticipated. Last week, week 4, was the diamond block. 12 diamond blocks made from 8 half rectangle triangles. So I have them done but many, many points were sacrificed in the making of them. Working with triangles is a bit tricky because they are all cut on the bias and bias stretches. The center points met up but not too good at corners. I am thinking I can fudge when they get sewn into the design of the quilt.



This week's is the sawtooth star which I have never made. I have half of them made and this block is so very pretty. Don't you think so?

No comments:

Post a Comment