About Me

My photo
Sewing and cooking are two of my favorite things. In the past, I often found myself searching for pictures and details of projects I have done, without success. So I decided to start documenting my creations. Then my son suggested I add my recipes to the blog so that they are documented also.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Simple Applique



Yesterday I made this simple appliqued wall hanging that will be used for a class.  I had batiks that were given to me from 2 dear friends and I used them all in this whimsical project.  I hung it in the dining  room and fell in love with it!

I usually use Wonder Under for my fusing material for the applique parts but I tried Pellon Steam a Seam II so that we could use it in class.  It offers more ease in placing the parts on the background but I did find it to be a little fiddly to work with. However you do not need to use a Teflon sheet for placement which is an advantage in class.


It is hard to tell from this pic but I used the blanket stitch for the leaves and stems and the satin stitch for the flower petals; this will allow students to practice both.  I honestly want to stipple quilt the background fabric but never got to it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment