About Me

My photo
Sewing and cooking are two of my favorite things. In the past, I often found myself searching for pictures and details of projects I have done, without success. So I decided to start documenting my creations. Then my son suggested I add my recipes to the blog so that they are documented also.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

DIY iPad Case

Well my daughter got a new iPad and wanted a customized case.  She went to Joann Fabrics and chose a light violet swirly print cotton for the outside and a soft yellow flannel for the lining.  I looked online for a free pattern and used a combination of 2 patterns to get the look she wanted. The 2 sites for the patterns are Tablet Coverlet  by Pat Bravo and the Kindle Case by 100 Billion Stars; I used the measurements from the directions from 100 Billion Stars and the strip of lining on the outside and squared flap from the Tablet Coverlet.  She wanted a button and elastic loop for the closure also.







Instead of using fleece and interfacing, I chose to use 1 layer of Soft and Stable because it provides cushion and support without adding bulk.  I would definitely recommend using it for purses, totes and cases for electronic devices. This case only took about an hour to make but the funny part was that I could not figure out how to slip the lining inside the outside; it was like a puzzle to me but I figured it out finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment