About Me

My photo
Sewing and cooking are two of my favorite things. In the past, I often found myself searching for pictures and details of projects I have done, without success. So I decided to start documenting my creations. Then my son suggested I add my recipes to the blog so that they are documented also.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pepperoni Rolls - Easy to Make for Easter

These yummy individual pepperoni rolls are easy to make from frozen bread rolls. I buy bags of either 36 or 72 Rhodes frozen dinner rolls and make them up in an evening.  If we do not need them for a few days, I pack them in aluminum pans, with layers separated by wax paper, and covered by aluminum foil.  Then I freeze for a week or two.

For 36 rolls you need:

36 Rhodes frozen dinner rolls
1 lb pizza pepperoni
1 lb sliced mozzarella cheese


Defrost the rolls in the refrigerator.  If I am making them in the morning, I place the bag of frozen rolls in the refrigerator overnight.
I slice the cheese so I have approximately a 3 inch square. On a floured surface, I roll out the defrosted roll into a 4 inch circle.  Layer the circle, 4 rounds of pepperoni and a slice of cheese. If you use sandwich pepperoni you only use one slice.



Overlap one side over the other and pinch to close. Using a dab of milk makes the overlap stick better.


Now place on a parchment paper lined cooking sheet and cover with a towel.  Place in a warm area and let rise for 1/2 hour.



Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.  Serve warm or let cool completely before packing to freeze. 

No comments:

Post a Comment