About Me

My photo
Sewing and cooking are two of my favorite things. In the past, I often found myself searching for pictures and details of projects I have done, without success. So I decided to start documenting my creations. Then my son suggested I add my recipes to the blog so that they are documented also.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Oh My I am Falling Behind

Yes it has been since Thanksgiving for my last post.  Somehow the Holidays got in the way and now I have been prepping and sewing for the expected first grandchild. YES I SAID FIRST GRANDCHILD! So I have attended one baby shower a few weeks ago and have another this weekend.

Of course I am making quilts and some cute baby items.

Here is the Sock Monkey Quilt.  I actually bought this fabric 2 years ago when I went to the Lancaster Quilt Show.  My DIL loves sock monkeys and I purchased and held onto it for this exact occasion.  I wasn't sure what design to use until a lady came into the sewing store and was showing me her quilts used to highlight a special fabric - a light bulb went off in my head and I knew this was the layout I needed for this fabric.







Yep I Know that center block looks a little scary! For all you quilters out there, I did not do free motion quilting all over this quilt because I did not want to take away from the focus fabric.  I just did stitch in the ditch on the railfence squares and a diagonal X on the monkeys and was quite happy with the results. And here is how I wrapped the gift; I actually made an embroidered gift tag.




No comments:

Post a Comment