About Me

My photo
Sewing and cooking are two of my favorite things. In the past, I often found myself searching for pictures and details of projects I have done, without success. So I decided to start documenting my creations. Then my son suggested I add my recipes to the blog so that they are documented also.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

More Baby Items


These are a set of baby items that turned out so great.  This all started when I was on vacation last fall and visited the quiltshop Granny's Quilt Fabric and More in Ridgeland, S.C. http://grannysquiltfabrics.com/home If you are traveling near Hilton Head or Savannah you need to seek out this shop. They had a kits made up for the full body bib shown above. What a great bib for a little one eating spaghetti.  I did not like any of the fabrics in the kits but I knew I needed the 2 fabrics above. So I asked if I could buy the pattern and the gracious clerk went and got freezer paper and made me a copy of the pattern and just gave it to me. What service! I bought 3/4 yard of each fabric and was able to make all of the items. Oh yes I did buy quite a bit more fabric but I won't go into that now. The burp cloth, baby wipe cover with zipper and the bib were all made in the hoop on the embroidery machine. These designs are all from Five Star Fonts  http://fivestarfonts.com. At the shower the full body bib was one of the most talked about gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment