About Me

My photo
Sewing and cooking are two of my favorite things. In the past, I often found myself searching for pictures and details of projects I have done, without success. So I decided to start documenting my creations. Then my son suggested I add my recipes to the blog so that they are documented also.

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Variations of Bright Hope Design


Above is a baby quilt I made from the Bright Hope Design pattern I have written about previously. In the post Two Sided Binding I have a picture of the lap quilt variation I designed from it.  Below is a baby quilt made by Maureen in a class that I taught using this pattern. I have found this pattern to be so versatile.

 
On both of these baby quilts we did a self binding.  We used the Quick Easy Mitred Binding Tool http://www.sewbizmarion.com/shop/Quilting-Tools/p/Quick-Easy-Mitered-BINDING-Tool.htm.  This is the first time I did a self binding using the backing fabric and I must say that it is worth every penny you pay for the template. The mitre is perfect every time. I used the edge joining foot to sew the front in place and it is very even.



No comments:

Post a Comment