About Me

My photo
Sewing and cooking are two of my favorite things. In the past, I often found myself searching for pictures and details of projects I have done, without success. So I decided to start documenting my creations. Then my son suggested I add my recipes to the blog so that they are documented also.

Friday, May 10, 2013

Made My Own Tortilla Salad Shells



So a few years ago I bought 2 pans to make tortilla shells  but had never used them.   Since I was making al the fixings for soft tacos I went searching for them.  I found them packed away in the basement and no longer had any instructions with them. After searching on the Internet I decided I should bake them for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.

 
 
Since my flour tortillas had been stored in the refrigerator, I wrapped them in a wet tea towel and zapped them for 30 seconds to make them pliable.  Then I put them into the tortilla pan pushing them into the crevices. I placed them into the preheated oven for 15 minutes and they were slightly browned. I figure baking them has to be healthier than the fried shells you get when dining out.
 



I filled my shell with lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese, hot refried beans, taco flavored ground meat and finished it all off with a dollup of sour cream and two spoonfuls of salsa. It was a delicious salad and I ate every last bit of the shell!

No comments:

Post a Comment