About Me

My photo
Sewing and cooking are two of my favorite things. In the past, I often found myself searching for pictures and details of projects I have done, without success. So I decided to start documenting my creations. Then my son suggested I add my recipes to the blog so that they are documented also.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

FMQ and Teflon Slider


I am practicing free motion quilting and I read that one can make a substitute for the Supreme Slider (which is way too pricey for me) by using a teflon oven liner.  I found a teflon liner at an outlet store and cut a hole for the needle with an exacto knife.  Then I placed it on my extension table and used blue painter's tape to hold it in place.  It definitely makes the quilt sandwich easier to move around.  I will be using it to FMQ a Fall Runner later this week so I will display the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment