About Me

My photo
Sewing and cooking are two of my favorite things. In the past, I often found myself searching for pictures and details of projects I have done, without success. So I decided to start documenting my creations. Then my son suggested I add my recipes to the blog so that they are documented also.

Sunday, February 11, 2018

Making Embroidered Quilt Blocks

I have been busy this last week making embroidered quilt blocks from the new Amelie Scott Designs book Build-A-Quilt.  http://www.shop.ameliescott.com/Build-A-Quilt-on-Your-Embroidery-Machine-ASD220.htm.  The book comes with a CD of designs for 6, 7 or 8 inch blocks. Once the blocks are made they are connected with sashing to make quilts, placemats, table runners, tote bag or anything else your creative mind can come up with.

I made a lap quilt first and added a border. The method of joining the squares is easily done as described in the book. I made my squares 7 inches since that is the biggest hoop I have for my embroidery machine.

I liked some of the designs better than others so I chose my favorite design and decided to make a runner for my buffet. I bought a steel blue batik to use without embroidery, just to showcase the fabric. I got an off white batik to embroider on. I think it looks great on my buffet.



Here is a close up view


If you have an embroidery machine this method is a fun way to make quilted projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment