About Me

My photo
Sewing and cooking are two of my favorite things. In the past, I often found myself searching for pictures and details of projects I have done, without success. So I decided to start documenting my creations. Then my son suggested I add my recipes to the blog so that they are documented also.

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Crockpot Stew



Its still cold and dreary and comfort food warms you up.  I often use my crockpot in the winter to make good old fashioned comfort foods.  I have found there is no easier or better way to make beef stew than in a crockpot.








This recipe is just too easy. All you need is 1-2 lbs cubes of stew meat, quartered potatoes, shortcut carrots and a quartered onion. Throw it all into the crockpot and cover with a can of cream of mushroom soup and a can of tomato soup. Cook on high for 4 hours or medium for 6 hours. Sometimes I add Golden Mushroom soup instead of the tomato. It makes the perfect consistency gravy everytime. If you prefer a lot of gravy add a third can of soup; no added water needed.




No comments:

Post a Comment